Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"When I Grow Up"

 Celebrating Christmas with Marulaya is different. Though we prepared only for two days, I can say that the party is successful and oh... pretty much fun! It was December 22 when we had an ocular slash General Assembly at the Metropolitan Theater to give updates regarding the grandest Production of Marulaya this year. After that, we had the very first rehearsal at the stage of the theater. Of course, I used the opportunity to get donations from our elders so we can raise enough fund for the Christmas Party the following day. After the rehearsal, we went to different parts of Espana to sing Christmas carols to stores we see around. It was my first time to join them and I enjoyed the experience. It's very fulfilling because we were able to collect enough for our needs. We will surely have an exciting party!
     I didn't went home straight after that. Together with the other officers, Kuya Ampol and Kuya Mars (who both will be the hosts of the party), we had a meeting and planned the program, games and awards. Oh, I forgot to tell you the theme of the party! Last year, we had a Kiddie Party that made us feel like we're all children. Everything is for kids, even our clothes. This year, we posted choices of theme and the winner is... (drum rolls) the title of this blog! WHEN I GROW UP CHRISTMAS PARTY- your dreams when you grow up. There are some who became office girl, reporter, doctor, etc.




Guess what I was that night. I want to be a teacher someday, but of course I didn't dress up as one. I used my creative mind and shiiiing! I had the best costume. That's for me only :) Seriously, I am a farmer then, but not just a typical farmer, but the prettiest and  the coolest farmer in town!





  I am the one in charge of the program, although I am not the Project Manager of this event. I just stepped up and shoulder the responsibility because among the officers, i know the complete flow of the party and our President is sleeping the time we are conducting our meeting.


naughty as I am, I took a picture of him :)


All in all, the party was fun. I am glad that everyone enjoyed what we prepared. Food flooded and we didn't eat everything that is served. Some even brought home foods! The wacky awards and the games as well are cool. Most of all, the big amount raffle items of our beloved elders. Awesome party!








No comments:

Post a Comment